Search for content in message boards

old Methodist cemetery, Massey??

Replies: 2

old Methodist cemetery, Massey??

Posted: 22 Jun 2005 10:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: VOSHELL, MASLIN
Is there anyone reading this forum who was involved in the transcriptions for USGS's recent book, "Tombstoning in Kent County, Vol. 5: Galena, Georgetown, Sassafras, Millington and Massey"? The reason I ask is that, in an older book I read from 1972 called "Historic graves, private burial grounds, and cemeteries of Kent County, MD: gone but not forgotten", those authors transcribed a cemetery called "old Methodist cemetery, Massey" and listed my Voshell ancestors. But in this USGS new volume 5, I don't see a cemetery listed with that name. Does anyone at USGS know if this old Methodist cemetery was transcribed by the USGS people and if so, does it go by another name now? The only cemetery I have ever found in the Massey area is on the east side of the village, but that is next to an Episcopal church, not a Methodist church.

I’ve seen another old transcription of this cemetery, and it is called "Old Grove", or the upper cemetery.

Many thanks!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
erniem 22 Jun 2005 4:56PM GMT 
GracePetron52 7 Dec 2011 7:03AM GMT 
bluize45_1 5 Oct 2012 1:21PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions