Search for content in message boards

George M. HOLLAND, d. 1884 & Bridget (Devine) HOLLAND, d. 1894, AKA Mary Bridget

Replies: 0

George M. HOLLAND, d. 1884 & Bridget (Devine) HOLLAND, d. 1894, AKA Mary Bridget

Posted: 23 Feb 2013 2:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Apr 2013 7:11PM GMT
Surnames: HOLLAND, DEVINE
Here's what's got me stumped:
I've scoured through find-a-grave, and church records at St. John's, Long Green, MD and Christ Church, Forest Hill, MD. And, I've got E. Arthur's book on St. Mary's Govans. These are all of the logical places that I can think to look for:

George M. Holland, b.~1827, d.1884, and his wife Bridget (AKA Mary Bridget), nee Devine, b.~1833, Ireland, d.~1894

George is the son of Aaron & Rebecca Holland. George and his brother John are listed in the 1850 census as coopers living near Gunpowder post office (near Kingsville). George is also listed as living near McElderys wharf, Balt city in 1850.
John Holland is buried at Christ Church in Forest Hill, MD.

Bridget (Devine) Holland likely emigrated from Ireland in 1846 and lived in the Fells Point area until her marriage.

George and Bridget are married 13 August 1853 by Father James Dolan, pastor at St. Patrick's church in Fells Point. They may have raised their family early-on in Govanstown, near St. Mary's catholic church.

George and Bridget are recorded in the 1870 & 1880 census near the intersection of Fork and Bottom Rd in Balt. county. Their only son, Carville, inherited the property, so I believe they aren't buried too far away. George and Bridget also had daughters Araminta, Clara, and Mary. Araminta and Clara married Allender brothers

Subsequent Holland generations are buried at St. John's Long Green, MD.

Thanks for your help, Joe

Find a board about a specific topic