Search for content in message boards

Fergus Falls State Hospital Cemetery

Replies: 7

Re: Fergus Falls State Hospital Cemetery

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 4:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thanks for the info. I have been to the Minnesota Historical Society library and have looked at the large folder containing the burial grids. Slight glitch in that the one is labeled "Cemetery 1" but is actually 1 of 2 of "Cemetery 2". I've worked that out after initially finding someone else buried where my GGGrandpa should have been. They have no grid of the true Cemetery 1 but I have reconstructed one from the list of burials and once the snow clears will try and go about finding the location of the grave as you did with known existing markers as reference points.

I have been in contact with the Otter Tail County Historical Society. I learned they are tentatively planning a trip to the cemetery on June 21st. I have not yet toured the facility. Each time I have been in the area on a Friday, the tours were fully booked. It is a beautiful building. We did have a picnic on the grounds last summer and I found the cemetery, or at least I was in sight of it. Long walk down a muddy path that I didn't think the minivan could handle. We got to the other side of the trees and I could see the big white cross and flag off in the distance.

Again, thanks for the help.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
esmeraldabran... 15 Jul 2012 1:04AM GMT 
esmeraldabran... 6 Aug 2012 5:04AM GMT 
vanorao 15 Jan 2013 8:05PM GMT 
sfrojen 1 Feb 2013 4:30PM GMT 
esmeraldabran... 4 Feb 2013 12:21AM GMT 
sfrojen 4 Feb 2013 12:42PM GMT 
esmeraldabran... 7 Feb 2013 5:42PM GMT 
sfrojen 7 Feb 2013 11:45PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions