Search for content in message boards

Jamestown Cemetery,Stutsman County, Jamestown, ND

Replies: 0

Jamestown Cemetery,Stutsman County, Jamestown, ND

Posted: 9 Mar 2012 3:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Mar 2012 6:38PM GMT
Surnames: Thornton, Thonston
I'm wondering if anyone out there can help shed some light on the Jamestown Cemetery in Jamestown, ND. My GG Grandfather was to have been buried there. His death date was Aug. 10, 1917. His name was Daniel P Thornton and he may have had a Civil War marker at one point in time. Yesterday, I found a name listed in the "Old Death Index" for Stutsman County a listing for a "Thonston", "David?". It has his correct death date and also his state of birth which was "PA". It also had "State Hosp., Stutsman" which is where he passed away from a stroke and also lists "Book 1/page 126". Can anyone out there look this up for me? I am sure this is our Daniel and we have been looking for him for many, many years. Today, my cousin, was told that the burials of Jamestown Cemetery were moved and reinterred elsewhere when the current Middle School was built. Anyone heard of this? I cannot find anything to do with this on the internet. Thank you for your help in advance! My email for direct contacting is "linda.english1@gmail.com". Daniels place of residence was in Sargent County. The rest of his family is buried in the Milnor Cemetery, Milnor, ND.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions