Search for content in message boards

Linden Avenue M.E. Church, Greenville, Jersey City, Cemetery

Replies: 5

Re: Linden Avenue M.E. Church, Greenville, Jersey City, Cemetery

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 9:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Robin, Thank you so much for the terrific article and map. This was extremely helpful in that I hadn't realized that the Chuch had been moved from a former location to its location on the corner of Linden & Ocean. My great grandmother lived close by and was very active in that church. Because of that, I was always puzzled as to why she was buried at the New York Bay Cememtery in Jersey City (in 1925) and not at the Church's cemetery. This article from 1903 explains a lot. Thanks, too, for the map. I was able to look at the area indicated on the old map with satellite photography and the imprint of the lot is clearly there but sadly it's now a parking lot. Should you happen to come across any other articles on what happened to the remains of those interred there, I'd be most grateful as I'm still looking for her parents' gravesites and thought them to be there. (FYI, Regarding a grand uncle, in one article that I have it says that "he was buried behind Bamber Hall" and that's exactly the name of the old church building shown in pink on the old map.) I can't thank you enough for your help. Best wishes, Susie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sswider1 16 Feb 2013 4:31AM GMT 
LogicalOne55 21 Feb 2013 6:21AM GMT 
LogicalOne55 21 Feb 2013 7:39AM GMT 
sswider1 21 Feb 2013 4:07PM GMT 
LogicalOne55 23 Feb 2013 5:49AM GMT 
LogicalOne55 23 Feb 2013 8:57AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic