Search for content in message boards

St. Michael's Cemetary in Queens

Replies: 3

St. Michael's Cemetary in Queens

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 3:30PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Uttrich
Hi,
I am hoping someone can help me with this. My aunt and grandmother recently sent me a stack of documents that my grandfather had before he passed away back in 2000, when he was originally beginning research on our family.
I have since taken over the search and one of the documents they sent me was some receipts from St. Michael's Cemetery in Queens, New York. The front shows the amount of money paid on what date for a certain grave, range, and plot. Then on the second page it has a record of internments with names and dates listed. At the very top of the sheet it states that "Graves in the public ground must be flat" and gives some rules about that. So there are two of these receipts, one with 2 people listed as being interred and then one has 3 people listed. The dates go back to the 20's, 30's, and 40's.
So my question is in trying to understand if these are actual, physical graves that would have some type of marker that I could get someone to take a photo of OR if this is something else? They sound like graves but since mmultiple people are listed, I am not quite clear on that. Perhaps the family was poor and couldn't pay for seperate graves or is this just how they do it since there's not a lot of space available there?

Anyone that can help me figure this out or that can go to that cemetery and perhaps find these graves would really help me out. I would appreciate any help so much!
If you think you can help, I will happily provide the grave and plot numbers and see what can be found.

Thanks in advance!!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
akeckard 28 Feb 2011 10:30PM GMT 
levarfan 10 Apr 2011 5:30PM GMT 
jtellis163 15 Jan 2013 4:35AM GMT 
Melissa Loren... 9 Apr 2013 3:04PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions