Search for content in message boards

Looking for a grave (two graves actually)

Replies: 0

Looking for a grave (two graves actually)

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 8:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for the graves of George Ransom Beckwith, born nov 1853 in Penns. He married Sarha Ward in Iowa, between 1900-1905 they divorced. He had homesteaded at least 3 sites in Oklahoma in the Kingfisher, Logan and Canadian areas, then he was said to have died before April20, 1910. That turned out to be false he was in Seminole County Oklahoma with his new wife Pearl Lankford Beckwith. They had 4 children Carl, Alma, Geneva, and Sam.
Please I have almost every census with them in it, ok I don't have a 1940 census, that would be wonderful. The last place I know they lived was in Hana, Oklahoma, and that was 1930.
I believe George was still alive as late as 1946, reason being his youngest kid, Sam, told his son, "The old bastard was still alive, if he had wanted to see me he could have."
It seems none of the children cared for him much, seeing as to how Sam was sent away to an orphanage, and the girls were sent to live with other families. And I lost track of Pearl.
I believe she died sometime after 1930 or she left the family, I believe she died, no one ever had a bad word about her. Then George seems to disappear also after 1930.
It is believed by their grandson they lived some where's around in MacIntosh County Oklahoma when they died. I seached and the only graves for a George or Pearl Beckwith I found was in Westwood Cemetary, I believe that is the name of it, it's close" But they are the wrong ones. They dates don't match and while studying them I found out they was either black or freedmen.
Now back to my problem at hand, Where do they lay? I am looking for them and I haven't found anything ass of yet. I even looked where her brother James Lankford is buried, no luck. If someone knows something about them, please let me know. My e-mail is cowbaron1892@yahoo.com , and thank you for you time

Find a board about a specific topic