Search for content in message boards

Fair Forest Presbyterian Cemetery Union Co.

Replies: 2

Fair Forest Presbyterian Cemetery Union Co.

Posted: 8 Feb 2012 6:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Feb 2012 6:42PM GMT
I have numerous relatives buried at the Fair Forest Cemetery on Cedar Grove Road in Union Co. This cemetery is no longer used, no longer a part of a Presbyterian Church, and no longer maintained. I have contacted Providence Presbytery which covers the upstate of SC for assistance having this cemetery maintained. I have been told over and over that someone will contact me about this subject and no one ever does. The cemetery is most likely still owned by the Presbyterian Church even though the congregation is long gone. I am looking for ideas how to have this cemetery maintained. It could be a project for youth groups in the area churches to come together maybe once a month to work together on the up keep. There are many ways I feel that groups in the area could make it part of a community project. I would do all I could to maintain it if I lived close by but I am in Charlotte, NC which makes it difficult to get there often. ANY SUGGESTIONS would be greatly appreciated in saving this historical resting place of so many people.

Michael Mayes
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Michael Mayes 8 Feb 2012 1:48PM GMT 
Paul M Kankul... 26 Mar 2012 11:56AM GMT 
ctr94530 28 Dec 2012 9:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions