Search for content in message boards

Wair/Ware Cemetery in Davidson County

Replies: 3

Wair/Ware Cemetery in Davidson County

Posted: 24 Jul 2012 11:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wair Ware Jones Steele White
Does anyone have any information of the Wair/Ware family cemetery on Barnes Road in Davidson County near Nolensville? It would have been on or near the property of William King Wair. "Thomas Taylor and Benjamin Branch of Nashville, Tennessee and Related Families" by Ethel Taylor Ford mentions Martha Ann Wair being buried in this cemetery. Family stories also mention Edward Carney Jones (son of Laura P Wair Jones) being buried here when he died (sometime between 1884 and 1900). Carney Jones is said to have been exhumed by his sister, Minnie Jones Steele, and moved to Mount Olivet Cemetery in Nashville. This was probably around the time of the deaths of her step father, Thomas White (died 1911), and her husband Jesse Allan Steele (died 1912).
I know roughly where the Wairs lived, and can locate James Wair on a map of Davidson County from 1907. I’ve driven down Barnes Road and looked at the satellite images from Google maps, but I don’t see any hint of a cemetery. I can’t find anything in the Davidson County Cemetery Survey about this. It is possible that all of the graves were moved to public cemeteries such as Mount Olivet, but I haven’t been able to get any information without an internment date. I’ve looked at the family plots for both of Edward Carney Jones’ sisters, but he is not located in either section. Does anyone have any details about this cemetery, the people buried in it, or if it still exists?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
daharlow1 24 Jul 2012 5:26PM GMT 
tem_moody 25 Jul 2012 3:04AM GMT 
CWarden35 7 Nov 2012 9:31PM GMT 
daharlow1 8 Nov 2012 12:38AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions