Search for content in message boards

Family listed twice

Replies: 3

Re: Family listed twice

Posted: 6 Oct 2012 3:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
If the family was on the bottom of the page and it was to continue to the next page. Generally they just list the remaining people left and thats all you will find. I would imagine the only exception to the rule and this is guessing. The Census taker or the enumerator. Thought it to confusing and broughtthe whole family over; but I amsure if it was done. You will see some code on the page or look and see if there is more than one family duplicated. Then the whole page was duplicated.

I would definately check the entire page and that is both pages for any codes or markings in the margerine. I would also check very carefully the spelling of each name and concentrate on initials. It can be in the case of European names and the difference is whether it is "Sky" and SKI" and if the numerator made sure he wrote in the right one or made them all the same.

You find that is true when you find a last name ending in "y, i, e, c, s, &k. If they get the slightest misprint. You will swear they are the same people.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Scott Byers 5 Oct 2012 11:50PM GMT 
Dannyssmile18... 6 Oct 2012 9:37AM GMT 
Scott Byers 6 Oct 2012 1:19PM GMT 
Dannyssmile18... 7 Oct 2012 5:24AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic