Search for content in message boards

Missing from census

Replies: 1

Missing from census

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 9:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Mar 2013 9:51AM GMT
Surnames: Villetto
I am looking for my great-grandfather George Villetto in the 1930s census, but I CAN'T seem to find him. I've even tried searching in two locations - Westerly, Washington, Rhode Island (where he moved in 1930) and Vernon, Tolland, Connecticut (where he lived in 1930). I've searched by his birth year, ethnicity, etc. No results.

I know his address in Vernon-Rockville (225 E Main), and that he lived on Post Road in Westerly. Nothing. He appears in the 1940 census in RI, and in the 1920 census (possibly, there's a 'Louis Villetto' who was born the same year listed as a 'chauffeur' and we're almost certain it was him lying about his name/immigration year).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

EDIT FOR FUTURE VILLETTOs: In the 1930s census he is listed as 'Pilletto' in 3 pt, Rockville, Toland. He claims to be from New York in the census - though there is paperwork to prove he immigrated to the US in 1907, and in 1920s on the census he's listed as an 'alien.'
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
xxvogue 12 Mar 2013 3:40PM GMT 
BrianMartin62... 22 Jun 2013 11:14AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions