Search for content in message boards

Kevin Costner

Replies: 0

Kevin Costner

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 4:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
From the records of the Myers and Lee families of Fort Myers in Lee County Florida.

Kevin Costner played CSA Captain William Anderson Hatfield in the recent TV series The Hatfields and McCoys. I have been studying the Hatfields and McCoys ever since I found a Pittsburgh newspaper story dated in 1906 that of relative of mine, Florence W Myers had a baseball team with Hatfields and McCoys as players.

Since Kevin Costner was dating Pittsburgh Steelers Dan Rooney's daughter for a time, I thought this was more then just a coincidence.

So I had the George Tyler Moore Center of the Study of the Civil War pull CSA Captain William Anderson Hatfield's records. His M/Sgt was Alfred Beckley Jr who was the son of CSA General Alfred Beckley and his wife Amelia Neville Craig of Pittsburgh. Amelia died and her mother Anna FULTON married to Neville B Craig raised M/Sgt Alfred Beckley Jr in Pittsburgh.

General Alfred Beckely, in a round about way, was related to my Myers family who ran riverboats out of Pittsburgh in the late 1700's. M'Sgt Alfred Beckley's grandfather Neville B Craig was the Editor of the Pittsburgh Gazette and he wrote a story about the Myers family and their Myers boats.

I am now talking to Robert E Lee Hatifield and he is saying Kevin Costner actualy played two separate Hatfields in the recent TV series. One that was in the Civil War and the other Anderson Hatfield that was not.

Anyone have any idea what he means.

FYI: George Tyler Moore was actress Mary Tyler Moore's grandfather.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions