Search for content in message boards

Mansfield Reformatory Prison (Ohio) Lookup?

Replies: 11

Re: Mansfield Reformatory Prison (Ohio) Lookup?

Posted: 5 Aug 2012 7:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Aug 2012 8:00AM GMT
Anita,
The Mansfield Reformaatory (OSR)records are on Microfilm at the Ohio Historical Society Library in Columbus by the Ohio State Fairgrounds, anyone can use the library. Since you know that Buster was put in OSR in 1928, you find the records for that year and then the prisoners are listed by the first letter of the last name. He would be listed under H of course but then the H's are not in alphabetical order so you have to check them all, but it is easy to find whom you are looking for. It will tell when he was admitted, the crime, his prison number and some other things depending on the year he was incarcerated. Record his inmate number then ask to see the photos of the prisoners, You will be able to find his photo. The Microfilm with his incarcaration admittance might also tell what happened to him. I volunteer at OSR and have been to Columbus looking at those records. There are about 200 graves at OSR and there are records of those buried there in the Archives at OSR, you can send a letter there and ask Shanna, the director of the archives if she can check for his name. OSR had a TB hospital, so chances are good he might never have left OSR and died there. I hope this helps you, you can email me privately if you like, Albecmar@aol.com, put reformatory in subject line.
becky
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
circa_1948 1 Feb 2009 7:15AM GMT 
bsneer54 5 Aug 2012 1:55PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions