Search for content in message boards

Attica State Prison possibly 1946-1962 records

Replies: 1

Attica State Prison possibly 1946-1962 records

Posted: 2 Dec 2006 9:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Dec 2006 2:56PM GMT
Surnames: Yox,
Hi,I am trying to locate the prison records for my deceased grandfather Arthur Leslie Yox aka Skip Yox.he spent time in Attica on more than one occasion.the one time we specifically know of is between 1959 and 1962 as he was there when my father was born.I emailed the New york State departmaent of corrections and they forwarded me to the state archives department who said they need a date of conviction,that i should contact the County of Erie where he was convicted so I did they were less than happy to hear from me and said that they would have to go to the basemant and "dig" through old files to locate that date and it would take "awhile".I left my name # and email address and never recieved a response back from them.It was obouisly to much for them to go to the basemant and look up one name.Is there any where else I can look for this info myself?I have all info pertaing to my grandfather except for this date of conviction and what the crime was.Some people in my family said he was connected to the a group somewhat like the mob and may served time due his running with these people,also we belive he did time for non support of 3 children by a previos marriage.In 1944 Skip enlisted in the Army he said the Judge told him Go to the militery or Prison so he choose the militery and served in world war 2 for the duration of the war plus 6 months.In about 1946 he was dischaged and went right back to his old ways and this is when he did time on what we belive to be 4 different occassions.Any help or any direction would be great.Thank you in advance for your time.

Ayme Yox Martin
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
AEMDAM 2 Dec 2006 4:06PM GMT 
karen_21 7 Jun 2012 1:08PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic