Search for content in message boards

Need help finding documentation for Chipmans

Replies: 1

Need help finding documentation for Chipmans

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 8:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Chipman, Howland, Cobb, Hinckley,Mattocks,Hall,Shaw, Wakeman, Tuttle, Chipman
I am trying to obtain documentation that connects bloodline from father Joseph Chipman born in Stratford CT in 1758, married Elizabeth Hall and he died in Wallingford Ct 1806.

He had a son named John Chipman born8-27-1785 in Wallingford CT who married Nancy Hine and then Jerusha Shaw. He died in Cornwall CT in 1875.

Been to State of Ct Library, Stratford and Wallingford and Cornwall Town Halls and can't find John's birth, death certificates.

I am also looking for John's son Lewis Samuel Chipman's death certificate or obituary notice, since he died in 1920. He lived in Cornwall and married to Martha Wakeman.

Appreciate any information. I am applying to Mayflower Society and they said all I need is to show bloodline connection from Joseph to son John and get possibly the death certificate or obituary notice of John's son Lewis.

The documents could be land/will/deeds, church, obituary notice, that say father to son or son to father..
Hope someone has some information. My line starts with Thomas, John, Samuel, John, Joseph, John, Lewis, Walter Harland, Ethel May Chipman/ Donnelly, Brown. Thank you for your time.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lbrown2924 5 Nov 2012 3:58AM GMT 
diskoverit 17 Dec 2012 4:36AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions