Search for content in message boards

Autosomal - Yes Match. No Match. Two Sets of tests, Two Places.

Replies: 0

Autosomal - Yes Match. No Match. Two Sets of tests, Two Places.

Posted: 29 Jun 2013 6:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have taken the Autosomal test here and elsewhere, not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but I am hoping someone can shed some light on this.

Another place (to remain nameless) did not match 3 or 4 names internally on their site. Absolutely no relation whatsoever. (Based on my DNA profile anyone from Eastern Europe is a cousin, I have 80 pages here.) Paperwork and other research indicates that these names should be related somehow.

Uploaded the other data and ancestry data to Gedmatch. The other site data (on Gedmatch) again revealed 0 in matches when comparing kits. But when I compared my ancestry kit to the other kits (from the other site) all the names hit as high matches. In other words, Gedmatch matching ancestry data to another company's data had the hits right around the areas that are working theories, while comparing the other company's data directly on their site (or via Gedmatch) had nothing.

And the match that worked out on Gedmatch (ancestry/other) seems to bring it where we are guesstimating where a tie-in could be.

Just wondering what this can be about, since it seems so strange...

Thanks

Find a board about a specific topic