Search for content in message boards

mtDNA Haplogroup I

Replies: 14

Re: mtDNA Haplogroup I

Posted: 23 May 2012 7:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
I used to think my Shumate line was one of many Shoemaker variations, but came to find out that Shumate was the Anglicized version of De La Chaumette. They originated in south central France, sailed through various places before settling in Virginia when they changed their name to Shumate.

My Miller line was Mueller before reaching America. Mathias Mueller was changed to Matthew Miller.

I have two distinct Bowers lines. One line is Scottish and the other line is from Bayern, Germany. The I4 Bowers line is Scottish.

The other Bowers line which is not I4, is from Bayern, Germany. Their original name was Bayer/Beyer which was Anglicized to Bowers. They fled Germany in order not to fight in the English army, they immediately signed up to fight for the Americans when they finally settled in Rowan Co. Their gravestones are still at the Bowers Meeting House and they are in half English and half German.

All of my lines are chopped full of Scot-Irish. A great deal of people with colonial Appalachian roots are the same. These were the backwoods fighters who whipped the British. I have scores of ancestors who fought in the Revolutionary War.

My Blevins line is from Formby, Wales. Direct male Blevins descendants in that line tested E1b (formerly E3). The Welsh are an interesting group because they lived in an isolated pocket for an extended period of time.

French Huguenots started off as basically French but eventually became an enclave of religious dissidents from various lands as they fled periodically from the Church into various lands.

I don't have any knowledge of Lewy Bodies Parkinson's Disease on either side of the family. I will have to ask my direct female descendants if they have any information about any similar occurrences.

It is good to meet another I4 distant (or maybe close) cousin. Drop me a line at buddhapup@gmail.com if you want to share trees.

Best regards,
Ritch
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
buddhapup 29 Jul 2010 8:02PM GMT 
clickrose 22 May 2012 5:54AM GMT 
buddhapup 22 May 2012 2:56PM GMT 
clickrose 22 May 2012 11:58PM GMT 
RitchPruitt 23 May 2012 1:42PM GMT 
clickrose 23 May 2012 3:45PM GMT 
clickINDIANA 2 Aug 2012 10:33AM GMT 
buddhapup 2 Aug 2012 11:56AM GMT 
sttrzangelo4 14 May 2013 9:49AM GMT 
RitchPruitt 23 May 2012 1:48PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions