Search for content in message boards

mtDNA Haplogroup I

Replies: 14

Re: mtDNA Haplogroup I

Posted: 7 Aug 2012 10:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
FYI, I am the Admin of the Romany DNA project.
To be politically correct, we are Romany or Romani either spelling is fine, not "Gypsies" as that is considered an ethnic slur used by Europeans to describe the Romany people.

mt Haplo I4 is as far as I know is not Romany / South Asian in origin.
It may have been introduced in to the Romany population, but from what I have read about this Haplo I4 it does not appear to be South Asian - Indian in origin.

mt Haplo M*, specifically M5a1* and Haplo U3b* are typically found in the European Romany female population.

I have in fact already proven there were English and Scottish Romanichal's in the American Colonies late 1600's early 1700's era in Maryland, Virginia, South Carolina, with direct blood ties to Colonial Kentucky.

If anyone would like to discuss the Colonial American Romany with me, please contact me via email because what I have to talk about would be off topic for this Haplo I4 thread.

I will say this much, there were far more Romany in the American Colonies then anyone really knows about, this is a little unknown piece of American history that does not get talked about by our historians which I think is a darn shame.

I think what I need to do is start a new thread on this message board on Romany DNA, so as not to get off topic on this mtDNA Haplo I thread. :)

I will post a new thread and talk about my Colonial American Romany research on that thread, so for you who are interested in Romany DNA, please watch for my new post and please feel free to ask questions.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
clickINDIANA 2 Aug 2012 12:45PM GMT 
clickrose 23 May 2012 4:09PM GMT 
LOCKEroots 7 Aug 2012 4:37PM GMT 
clickINDIANA 7 Aug 2012 9:06PM GMT 
patty92127 13 Feb 2013 9:40PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions