53% European Jewish
42% Scandinavian

Me:

Central European 29%
Southern European 24%
Persian/Turkish/Caucasus 11%
Middle Eastern 8%
Eastern European 28%

Keep in mind that my mom was full blooded Sicilian, and my father is half Ashkenazi Jew, 1/4 British and 1/4 French.

How is this possible? I am sure he is one of those people who got Scandinavian when he should have gotten British. But what about me? I am sure that the Middle Eastern and Eastern European should add up to European Jewish in my case and who knows what else? How is it possible that my father gets something completely different? I know he is my Dad, I look like him and even more like my grandmother, plus the DNA results matched us as a "parent/child" relationship.

Ancestry.com is not being open enough about how much of these results are a matter of interpretation of data, which in my opinion is not that good. If they could not interpret Middle Eastern and Eastern European in my case as "European Jewish" it's telling me they are not sophisticated enough to be able to isolate the Easterm European from my father's side of the family from the Easterm European from my mother's side. I think perhaps some of the Eastern European I got might have been Greek because Sicilians have a lot of Greek in them, but it did not know how much belonged to the Sicilian side and how much belonged to my Dad's European Jewish side, hence why my results differ from my Dad's on that. I still think my results are not accurate and don't know if they ever will be. I was happy to find out that at least my father got Scandinavian because it means they found the British in him, even though that is not accurate either! What a mess!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dmarazzo70 3 Oct 2012 3:36PM GMT 
pelusonorway 5 Nov 2012 3:04AM GMT 
ntuitive1 5 Nov 2012 4:48PM GMT 
sittercentral 17 Mar 2013 11:44PM GMT 
tjharley129 18 Mar 2013 2:02AM GMT 
ntuitive1 18 Mar 2013 11:09AM GMT 
Shalandara 18 Mar 2013 2:13PM GMT 
CindyinAtlant... 16 Oct 2012 1:00AM GMT 
CRody44 18 Mar 2013 8:31PM GMT 
McCorkleAusti... 19 Mar 2013 3:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions