Search for content in message boards

Extremely high british isles

Replies: 3

Extremely high british isles

Posted: 1 Oct 2012 6:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Has anyone else gotten an usually large amount of British isles on their test? My results came back 84% British isles, 10% eastern European and 6% unknown.

I can understand the 10% eastern European as my great grandfather was 100% Greek.

However, my remaining family tree is mostly German and partial Italian. About 30% of my family tree is from the British isles. Another 30+% is German from all over Germany and sw Switzerland. I have documents from Switzerland back to the early 1600's.

My great grandmother was completely Italian and I have a family tree complete into the 1500's. I also visited the town and the town historian told me that my family had been in the town for at least a thousand years that is documented.

My question is how would zero central or southern European show up since it is such a large portion of my family background. I understand migration patterns, etc...but no way that over half of my family from Germany and Italy are actually from the British isles. Impossible.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ryanmoreland1 2 Oct 2012 12:14AM GMT 
SRois 5 Oct 2012 3:05AM GMT 
lisa12690 5 Oct 2012 4:47AM GMT 
memorykeeper0... 5 Oct 2012 5:16AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions