Search for content in message boards

Pedigree Collapse and Predicted Cousins

Replies: 1

Pedigree Collapse and Predicted Cousins

Posted: 5 Oct 2012 6:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have been very thankful, after testing at Ancestry, finally to have something of substance (yes!) to work with, in corroborating (as opposed to verifying, I guess) the research of many years that has been done on our family's past. In a few days under two weeks, DNA has affirmed - quite strongly, I believe - textual genealogies shared by myself and cousins (predicted here with a reputable degree of accuracy) with (fairly well-) documented descendancies from my 2nd great-grandparents, 3rd great-grandparents, 5th great-grandparents, 6th great-grandparents and 7th great-grandparents. This is a road cautiously tread :)

Walking this new road is a learning experience for me, because I am seeing, as never before, how closely intertwined the families of the American South have been (and of whom I am 100% composed :). Even such a reality does not take into account the surnames which would seem to have shared common origins (in our case, McCartys and Randolphs, among others), yet through Y-DNA testing, evidently do not.

Does anyone have tips for navigating through the abundance of clues, which are given to us here?

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
memorykeeper0... 6 Oct 2012 12:20AM GMT 
hrnmsf 7 Oct 2012 6:04PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions