Search for content in message boards

Private Trees and DNA Contacts

Replies: 300

Re: Private Trees and DNA Contacts

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 3:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have dna kits at other places other than Ancestry and so combined with the matches here, yes, I have quite enough research to keep me busy. And while I love working on my genealogy, I also have a life with other responsibilities.

"that the information not immediately available to you can be placed in a trash can."

Apparently, you misunderstood my post. I have not put any "information" into the trashcan. I delete contact information from those who do not want to share with their dna matches. I have over 20 pages of matches here at Ancestry alone. This is how I prioritize the work I need to do. I am not telling anyone to do the same...this is what works for me.

Frankly, I'm somewhat surprised at the hostility of your comment to me. And if you read this topic more carefully, you will see that I have not made any complaints at all. Certainly not at those with private trees. I keep my own private EXCEPT for a barebones tree with no photos or documentation that is open to all my dna matches to facilitate their own research. I was simply suggesting to the OP what I do in order to keep a tree public for dna matches, and yet also keep my personal items private to share with those I choose. Not sure where you thought anyone was complaining.

Something tells me that perhaps there are other issues that you have encountered that elicited such a judgemental response, and of course I also wish you great luck in your genealogical efforts.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Joanne Engers... 15 Nov 2012 11:34PM GMT 
Kelly Wheaton 17 Nov 2012 3:21PM GMT 
memorykeeper0... 17 Nov 2012 7:17PM GMT 
twotzus 17 Nov 2012 9:26PM GMT 
memorykeeper0... 17 Nov 2012 10:21PM GMT 
twotzus 17 Nov 2012 10:51PM GMT 
twotzus 17 Nov 2012 10:59PM GMT 
memorykeeper0... 17 Nov 2012 11:48PM GMT 
twotzus 18 Nov 2012 12:09AM GMT 
twotzus 18 Nov 2012 12:13AM GMT 
per page