Search for content in message boards

Private Trees and DNA Contacts

Replies: 300

Re: Private Trees and DNA Contacts

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 3:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
You can block any user you want on ancestry.

My trees have always been private but I have always answered anyone who has contacted me. I have a stripped down tree at FTDNA but would prefer only a striped down tree on ancestry to my DNA matches only. This option is not available at this time so I will chose to keep our tree closed off. This account I am posting on is a shared family account. Im not the only one who uses it and not the only person who has DNA tested on it.

You may not have the adoptees tested in your family but we have the adoptees tested and also have matches at FTDNA to people who were also adopted who have no family tree. People can't post what they dont have and adoptees, sperm donor/egg donor children will be reluctant to tell you about their situation for fear of rejection.

Also at FTDNA our family has matches to actual American Indian Tribal members and we also have documentation of AI in our family though not enrolled. This becomes a privacy issue for some of the tribes/nations. Have not gotten my DNA back yet here to tell you if any tribal members have tested at ancestry on their own. Another reason why some people may keep their ethnicity private as well. I have also had people freak out on me on my FTDNA matches for my family not being quite white.Some people dont want to hear their family might be of a different ethnicity. You get all kinds of people.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Nachalink123 25 Nov 2012 1:21AM GMT 
memorykeeper0... 25 Nov 2012 4:37AM GMT 
DPotts57 25 Nov 2012 5:08PM GMT 
memorykeeper0... 27 Nov 2012 9:27PM GMT 
Shari S. 25 Nov 2012 5:26AM GMT 
Melv25 4 Dec 2012 5:12PM GMT 
ifrench197 4 Dec 2012 9:16PM GMT 
Melv25 4 Dec 2012 10:43PM GMT 
DPotts57 4 Dec 2012 11:11PM GMT 
twotzus 5 Dec 2012 12:40AM GMT 
per page