Search for content in message boards

Intersecting others... trees

Replies: 3

Re: Intersecting others... trees

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 6:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Lou, on all of the DNA pages, there should be a button in the upper-right corner-ish that says "BETA Send Feedback."

Use it often! ;) Ancestry never replies, but they do seem to be listening.

I did this test at 23andMe because the Ancestry test got me so excited about genetic genealogy that I couldn't stand not having my raw data. (This was before Ancestry relented and announced that we'd get our raw data in "early 2013.") Both 23andMe and FTDNA are the other major players for autosomal tests like Ancestry's, and they both let you download the raw data so you can use the third-party tools.

I went with 23andMe because it was on sale at the time, plus I was curious about health information and knowing my maternal haplogroup. But, I had my husband tested at FTDNA because of their yDNA surname projects and because 23andMe is a bit of a nightmare for doing genealogy. (Which is why I always planned to transfer my 23andMe results to FTDNA.) Most people agree that all three companies have their merits. So, use that feedback button and inspire Ancestry to get/stay competitive - that way we all win! :)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LouFoss1 16 Nov 2012 5:52PM GMT 
Shari S. 16 Nov 2012 7:36PM GMT 
LouFoss1 16 Nov 2012 9:47PM GMT 
Shari S. 18 Nov 2012 1:24AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions