Search for content in message boards

Confused about my DNA results!

Replies: 4

Confused about my DNA results!

Posted: 2 Dec 2012 2:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
So I just got my results back today and they are 61% West African, 22% Scandinavian, 11% South European, and 6% Uncertain. Ok so the West African is probably about right but where the heck did that Scandinavian come from? I know my ancestors may of moved around but 22%!? That's pretty high. On my family tree I have european ancestors from Ireland, Scotland, Germany, France, Welsh, England, and I think some other places. I'm not very surprised that the South European came up but I'm surprised it was that much and I'm surprised that Western European and Northern European didn't show up. When it comes to Southern European ancestry I haven't been able to find any ancestors from Spanin, Italy, or Portugal but I'm not surprised about possible Portuguese ancestry because of my Melungeon ancestry. Lastly what is up with that 6% Uncertain? Could that possibly be Native American? I have documentations proving that I have Native American ancestry. On the United States census I have family listed as Native American (Indian) and on court documents some people were identified as indian and I have cousin buried on the Pamunkey Indian Reservation in Virginia. If that's the case why isn't it on here? Perhaps it's the Uncertain. Perhaps they don't have that much info on the Native American markers. I have also read that if you have a significant amount of African ancestry it can mask the Native American ancestry.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
hawki231 2 Dec 2012 9:08PM GMT 
LeeHigdonNewe... 3 Dec 2012 11:35AM GMT 
hawki231 3 Dec 2012 10:03PM GMT 
hawki231 5 Dec 2012 4:20AM GMT 
nathan_mn 5 Dec 2012 11:18AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic