Search for content in message boards

Ethnic breakdown on DNA test results: Problem with Naples, Italy?

Replies: 19

Re: Ethnic breakdown on DNA test results: Problem with Naples, Italy?

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 2:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
It does seem rather odd that you would not have ANY of the same ethicity that your mother has. The "immediate relative and the cousin matching" part of DNAancestry seem to be working out out very well. I have found NUMEROUS "shared ancestors in common" with others. This is very helpful. It must be a completely "different" result apart from the Ethnicity Results-which I am still very, very skepical of. Why are people who feel they should show a high percentage of British Isles showing a very high percentage of Scandianivian (and no British Isles)? and people who have ancesters from the Scandinavian countries years and years back showing a high percentage of British Isles with 0 or a very low percentage of Scandinaivan ethicity? It's like up is down and down is up. Has ancestry.com been sabataged? ...someone playing a trick on them messing up the data base of the ethnicity base? It just seems impossible that nearly everyone is so very taken aback by their DNAancestry ETHNICITY results. I am trying to understand a few things.. How can a person "match" and have "shared ancestor's in common, when they have completely different ethinicity results, as some people have mentioned. Also, some people are saying that 2 of their sister's have their DNA on ancestry, but much of the time they don't "match" with all the same cousins, etc.?? Why would this happen? It wouldn't have anything to do with the "ethnicity results" because we know people are matching with close relatives who have completely different "ethnicity" results. I don't know.. I LOVE THE "FAMILY/COUSIN MATCHING PART OF DNAancestry." But I am still very skeptical about the "ethnicity results."
Beck
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
squally189 10 Dec 2012 4:53AM GMT 
jbarry6899 10 Dec 2012 1:37PM GMT 
jbarry6899 10 Dec 2012 5:44PM GMT 
McCorkleAusti... 12 Dec 2012 4:37AM GMT 
McCorkleAusti... 16 Jan 2013 11:41PM GMT 
starlight2me2 17 Jan 2013 4:54AM GMT 
squally189 12 Feb 2013 5:25PM GMT 
McCorkleAusti... 13 Feb 2013 2:27AM GMT 
starlight2me2 13 Feb 2013 9:27PM GMT 
McCorkleAusti... 13 Feb 2013 10:32PM GMT