Search for content in message boards

How do you document positive Ancestry matches?

Replies: 7

Re: How do you document positive Ancestry matches?

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 4:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Jan 2013 4:58PM GMT
Yep, I'm overwhelmed too.
I have tried various things, including an Excel spreadsheet. I couldn't keep up with it AND go through all the matches.
I got my results in early September and at that time the only organization tool we had was "stars". Later, we got "notes" and still later "hints" (leaf hints). I went through my 72 leaf hints and added detailed notes to each (good thing, as some have been dropping their leaves lately). Since then, I have sorted by "stars" and am working through the list, making detailed notes and "unstarring" those that lack any strong paper-trail support. I am progressing very slowly, but have learned a lot along the way.
I don't understand why Ancestry doesn't (apparently) do useabilty testing with actual users of their product. AncestryDNA (autosomal) has such tremendous potential! If I owned the company, I'd be getting users involved in the development/evolution of it. If they had done so or were doing so, we would have much better sorting/downloading/organizational capabilities. The tools we have are inadequate in the extreme and it's a shame.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
SerenoaBarb 3 Jan 2013 6:51PM GMT 
scwbcm 3 Jan 2013 7:09PM GMT 
smsitton 3 Jan 2013 7:52PM GMT 
sherburl 3 Jan 2013 11:30PM GMT 
rln3643 4 Jan 2013 2:38AM GMT 
scwbcm 4 Jan 2013 5:17AM GMT 
sl_kelly 4 Jan 2013 7:48AM GMT 
sl_kelly 4 Jan 2013 7:53AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions