Search for content in message boards

DNA Test and no responses to contact.

Replies: 15

Re: DNA Test and no responses to contact.

Posted: 5 Jan 2013 7:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have been contacted by 2 people who had private trees and who saw a possible connection in my public tree - we have shared info and both are positive matches, although nothing new for either of us.

I have contacted 2 others myself, one has a private tree which they sent me an invite to and I found we are connected 2 ways.

The second person I contacted also answered - we both have public trees, and although we are 4th cousin/96% matches, neither of us can see a connection. We agreed to keep our match starred and contact again in the future if anything new pops up.

I am administering 2 DNA samples and trees currently, and will shortly add a third from another relative. I have about 1800 matches from my DNA, my husband has over 3000, and I expect the new test to be similar. It is a lot to keep on top of. I feel that I am an experienced researcher and detective, but some of my matches may not be- and may not have the time to devote to investigating the connections.

So far, I am not concerning myself with the private tree connections unless they are in the 4th cousin category (or better, if I ever get any). I figure my trees are public, and if the private matches are serious, they will look at my trees and contact me about a match. Maybe that is optimistic.

Barbara
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bearnut2 5 Jan 2013 1:51AM GMT 
sl_kelly 5 Jan 2013 1:11AM GMT 
scwbcm 5 Jan 2013 1:44AM GMT 
Christine Win... 5 Jan 2013 2:42AM GMT 
SerenoaBarb 5 Jan 2013 2:33PM GMT 
ajmr1a1 6 Jan 2013 11:09PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions