Search for content in message boards

My workload just got a lot bigger.

Replies: 27

Re: My workload just got a lot bigger.

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 11:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Along the same lines (matching segments) I've been curious since I got my first results concerning the order the results came out in. I'm one of the folks with a lot of ancestors in colonial Virginia so I got slammed with around 38 pages of matches right off. Now I'm up to 48 pages not including the 9 pages worth of garbage.

From the beginning I've felt like I could see patterns in the surname matches but I'm not seeing enough to really state with any assurance that they're there.

I add notes to my matches as I open them. At a minimum each note contains the tree size and any common surnames that Ancestry's routines see. When I sort by relationship and scan down the list of matches I see certain surnames repeated in the matches. It's not on every match and it may be my imagination but I'm convinced there's a pattern there.

Just something to mull over while we wait for Ancestry to either give us tools or our raw data so we can take it elsewhere.

Dennis
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Shari S. 6 Feb 2013 7:36PM GMT 
sherburl 6 Feb 2013 7:57PM GMT 
Shari S. 7 Feb 2013 1:06AM GMT 
McCorkleAusti... 6 Feb 2013 8:58PM GMT 
Shari S. 7 Feb 2013 1:45AM GMT 
DPotts57 11 Feb 2013 6:10PM GMT 
sl_kelly 3 Feb 2013 7:47PM GMT 
sarahjune58 10 Feb 2013 4:34AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions