Search for content in message boards

Ethnicity DNA Test - Part shows Uncertain 7%.

Replies: 2

Ethnicity DNA Test - Part shows Uncertain 7%.

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 11:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
My DNA Test came back showing 7% uncertain. Question: If several of my possible 4th cousins on the list also show a particular percentage of "uncertain" on their DNA test results does this mean or could this mean that "their" uncertain could be the same specific small trace as mine (that's also too low to pinpoint), for example: mediterranean coast?)- for lack of a better example...--in other words, could my cousins DNA UNCERTAIN be of the same origin as MINE?? and how would "MORE GENETIC SIGNATURES" be discovered? Is this something you do in the lab AS more DNA tests are taken in "specific" families?? Please advise. I would appreciate NOT receiving the same answers from the script page regarding "Uncertain" that you have & I have because I've read it many times over. I believe that for what it costs to get an analysis that a better explanation would seem quite appropriate. SPECIFIC GENETIC POPULATION, SMALL TRACES and PROBABILITY LEVELS are all confusing DNA terms when all are included in the same dynamics of a short paragraph... Thanks!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ginkawest29 24 Mar 2013 5:39AM GMT 
Shari S. 24 Mar 2013 7:42PM GMT 
ginkawest29 27 Mar 2013 4:55PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic