Search for content in message boards

If you Administer more than one DNA test - please check for duplicates

Replies: 8

Re: If you Administer more than one test - please check for duplicates

Posted: 25 Jun 2013 7:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Thanks Shari for the thoughtful reply. I will have to use GEDmatch as you suggest whenever possible. Perhaps others will use the surname search on their matches to verify that this is not happening in their additional kits. I hope it is just a glitch that happened to me. I believe that, I will probably have a hard time with Ancestry.com, and I dont blame anyone for discounting me, but I spent several hours last night searching for my other lines in her "matches" and everyone I searched for showed up. These are various lines spanning different geographical areas. it hardly seems probable that they are all also matches on her tree. Perhaps I am missing something here, but why would she have a match to several Pilkinton lines that have not shown up in my matches? I have researched this line for decades now and there is no trail that leads to her family. This is not a common name. If my wife and I were actually genetically related, then it seems as if the Pilkintons would at least show on both of our matches, but I have some of my Pilkinton lines matched to me on my matches and the other Pilkintons matched to her matches. Then add to this the fact of several of my other lines (uncommon names) also show up in her matches. I know most will chalk it up to our lines intersecting somewhere, however at this point I am convinced that it has to do with a computer program problem on the website. Some weird things have been happening. Remember when the DNA leaf hints lists dissappeared for several days?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
James Pilkint... 25 Jun 2013 4:16AM GMT 
Shari S. 25 Jun 2013 4:55AM GMT 
chi1k 25 Jun 2013 5:29AM GMT 
James Pilkint... 25 Jun 2013 6:06AM GMT 
Shari S. 25 Jun 2013 11:52AM GMT 
DPotts57 25 Jun 2013 12:22PM GMT 
McCorkleAusti... 25 Jun 2013 1:24PM GMT 
James Pilkint... 25 Jun 2013 1:46PM GMT 
McCorkleAusti... 25 Jun 2013 2:45PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions