Search for content in message boards

I Am Not Related To Me (So Much For DNA :) )

Replies: 7

I Am Not Related To Me (So Much For DNA :) )

Posted: 7 Aug 2013 10:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Aug 2013 10:09PM GMT
I posted something earlier, but perhaps was a bit unclear. I have tested here and at FTDNA, all tests (autosomal, mtDNA, Y-DNA).

There are some family members (or pretty much suspected) or did not show up on FTDNA, long story, but we know the general line. Yet some of the other common relatives we knew showed up in both. Again, had to be through the same lines.

So, when gedmatch opened up ancestry uploads, I put my ancestry and FTDNA files up to gedmatch. Same results, the comparisons to the FTDNA files with the family did not match. BUT when we compared my ancestry files to the files as compared to the FTDNA upload, the matches (to their FTDNA results) came up with we figured they would be (back some generations.)

And this is the fun part. My ancestry and FTDNA kits come up very high as X-Chromosome matches to myself (almost exact.) My general autosomal match between the two kits, both mine, have ZERO in common. Nothing. Not one bit. Not sure where the problem lies, but I am betting that I am a pretty high match to myself. In fact I would say I am me :) (Yet some of the FTDNA matches on FTDNA track properly on my test results here, nothing tied in, but similar names on Y-DNA, autosomal etc.)

Not sure where the problem is, but kind of wild.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dwohl13 8 Aug 2013 4:03AM GMT 
Kelly Wheaton 8 Aug 2013 6:28PM GMT 
APTurner 8 Aug 2013 9:47PM GMT 
cecemoore 9 Aug 2013 11:21AM GMT 
smsitton 9 Aug 2013 1:43PM GMT 
dwohl13 9 Aug 2013 2:44PM GMT 
dwohl13 6 Sep 2013 10:44PM GMT 
jrcrin001_1 9 Aug 2013 5:46AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions