Search for content in message boards

Need help with DNA matches...next step?

Replies: 4

Need help with DNA matches...next step?

Posted: 24 Nov 2013 7:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for my 1/2 sister's biological father. (I posted an earlier message here). I have found a 2nd cousin, 3rd & several 4th cousins. The 2nd cousin did not have much of a tree so I created one. I have eliminated his paternal side. On his maternal side I was able to rule out his grandmothers family.
The great grandparents (on his grandfather's side) are the Lamb's & Ledbetter's. Through this line I was able to connect the 3rd cousin. I am on the right track!
I have made a huge chart with the names of all the great grandparents children (and g-g-parents siblings) on both families. I have filled in most of the info. I am still missing data on 7 or 8 people. I WILL get it filled in!! My quest it to find an unknown male born about 1931 who would be my 1/2 sister's father.With all the data that I have gathered, I have not found him yet. He has to be there correct?
When I search for associated names that I have found, I am not getting any further. The same goes for geography. I am stumped! I have about 8 people that I just cannot find any information on. This must be my link with them. ?

So, my next thought was to search the 4th cousin's information. I have found 2 that have neither a Lamb or Ledbetter. Does this then mean it is from one of his other parents? One must come from the L & L family so the other would not correct? Do I now search for all non L & L family members and cross check them?

The non L & L 4th cousin's are NOT related to my 1/2 sister's biological mother's side.

I'm just a little frustrated & tired.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Donna
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Pooziej 24 Nov 2013 2:54PM GMT 
jbarry6899 24 Nov 2013 3:45PM GMT 
Pooziej 24 Nov 2013 4:05PM GMT 
jbarry6899 24 Nov 2013 4:48PM GMT 
Pooziej 24 Nov 2013 5:22PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic