Search for content in message boards

Unknown Father

Replies: 0

Unknown Father

Posted: 12 Feb 2014 2:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gartner, Jones
At the age of 48 (currently 49) I found out my mother had an affair when she taught at a business college or school in Charleston S.C. in 1962/1963.
No idea which business school, or even if it is still open. She was approximately 26 years of age.
My "pretend" father George Gartner III was stationed on the Air Force Base in S.C. at the time of the affair.

My mother (Mary Rose Jones Gartner) died in 1984, My pretend father died in 2004; we had no relationship. My parents were only children and they had only two children, my brother and me.

My last relative just died (brother) and his ex-wife felt the need to share that my brother always did protect me. She was nice enough to inform me, that my father may not be my real father.
I ran to a DNA testing center, took his (Brother's) toothbrush and tested both of us only to discover we were 1/2 siblings. I felt like I was on a Jerry Springer episode.

Well that would explain a lot as he was a nasty man that had no problem showing his dislike for me. He treated my brother no better, so I never considered there was a specific reason he disliked me. *lol*

I have absolutely NO idea why God revealed this to me, after all had died. What was the point? The secret would have died with my brother.
So here it is...................I took another DNA test via Ancestry.com and here I am, trying to determine the purpose and the point of the recent discovery. So, with no idea how or if to approach this missing father event, this is my effort.

My best guestimate is my biological father could be approximately 75 + years old *lol*
Again, what was the point in me knowing now?? *lol*

Take care/ Cecelia Denise Moon (married name)

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions