The Driscoll of Cork project is interested in acquiring DNA testers with FINN ancestry in its DNA project.
The Driscoll clan branched out, and some of these branches took on different surnames. Clan Finn is thought to have settled in the parish of Myross in Skibbereen, Cork. Their name may have been taken from an ancestor Finghin O'Driscoll
Direct male FINN descendants can participate by taking a Y-DNA test. 67 markers is ideal if the participant cannot afford a full 111 marker test. Anybody with CADOGAN ancestry can participate through an autosomal DNA test. The project is administered through FTDNA, so new participants can either order their tests through FTDNA or order them through another testing company but then will have to transfer the results to FTDNA. The autosomal DNA test at FTDNA is called Family Finder.
These tests are on sale now through the end of 2012. You can order a test and join the Driscoll project here: http://www.familytreedna.com/group-join.aspx?code=A23318&
And please feel free to visit us at the Driscoll of Cork website any time:http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~colin/Dris
If you already have a test on file at FTDNA, these instructions apply:
To join the project:
1) Log in to your FTDNA account
2) Click Projects on the menu bar, then Join
3) You will see project search page. On that page is a search box. Type in Driscoll and click SEARCH.
4) You will see a list of projects that include Driscoll. Click on the link that says Driscoll.
5) On this page there should be an orange button at the bottom that says JOIN. Click that button.
6) There is a chance you might see an error screen that says "There was an error while attempting to load the page you requested." IGNORE THIS.
7) Wait for my email confirming that I see your name and kit number in the project. If you don't get an email from me, email me at email@example.com