Search for content in message boards

Bearden DNA Project

Replies: 1

Bearden DNA Project

Posted: 18 Feb 2007 3:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bearden, Beardon
I am most surprised there is apparently no Bearden DNA Project in existence as of the date of this posting. At least searching the Ancestry.com and the Genealogy.com Bearden Boards for DNA comes up with 0 hits. This tool has been so very successful in unraveling relationship links in many Surname lines. I have a brick wall with my ancestor Peyton Bearden b.abt.1833 (b. VA, TN, NC, or SC by various family legend and/or records of his children) and d.1899.Nashville.TN. I have personally invested over 1000 hours of work looking for his origins without luck as he was probably married in Bedford Co TN, a burned county courthouse county. Many Bearden lines have been extensively researched and documented well back and eventually it is likely that DNA could solve many of the other Bearden mysteries that exist in many of the families.

I am a DNA Project surname coordinator for my own surname. I would be happy to volunteer to help some Bearden researcher get such a project going and keep it moving.

For the first couple of dozen people or so that do the testing it is unlikely to get quick value. But over time, I guarantee that this project will solve many unknown Bearden Ancestry links.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
WClayton43 18 Feb 2007 10:26PM GMT 
sbearden99 17 Jan 2013 2:27PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions