Search for content in message boards

ENGELLENNER MYSTERY - PLEASE HELP!

Replies: 6

ENGELLENNER MYSTERY - PLEASE HELP!

Max Engellenner (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2003 7:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Engellenner
Greetings fellow Engellenners from Down Under. My name is Max Engellenner and I desperately need help to solve the puzzle of our Engellenner ancestry. Can you help? I can trace my family back to Bredstedt in Schleswig Holstein, year 1855. My great-great grandfather was Hans Christian. We believe he was born near Keil. He tragically died in a work-camp for the poor on 17 August, 1855 aged 23. He was a carpenter's apprentice from the Holstein region. The same year Hans died, his son Ernst Christian was born to Margaretha Hedwig Detlefsen in Bredstedt. He was an illegitimate, and we think, only child. We have no info about Ernst other than him arriving in Australia on the ship Grandee, via the port of New York on 4th March, 1877. Ernst was naturalised an Australian citizen in 1897. Our family is descended directly from Ernst. He died in 1927 and is buried at Coburg, Victoria in Australia. The things we would like to know are (1) the parents and siblings of Hans Christian, (2) the circumstances which left him in a workcamp for the poor at 23 years of age, (3) who raised his son Ernst, and where, (4) whether Ernst spent time in America before coming to Australia and if he has any relatives there. I have a comprehensive family tree for Australia and will gladly assist you with any info. Any info will be much appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Max Engellenner 15 Mar 2003 2:53PM GMT 
Tom Engellenner 3 Dec 2003 4:38AM GMT 
MaxEngellenne... 29 Nov 2010 10:58AM GMT 
Walter Geerz 25 Nov 2010 7:06PM GMT 
MaxEngellenne... 29 Nov 2010 10:48AM GMT 
ashleye129 2 Mar 2011 3:24PM GMT 
leif_engellen... 24 May 2012 8:04PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions