Search for content in message boards

Bouterie Brickwall

Replies: 0

Bouterie Brickwall

Posted: 24 Feb 2013 12:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bouterie
Am seeking any info on a family the spelling first appears as Boutarit, then Boutari, Boutary to any variation to Bouterie. Antoine b; 1737 marries Marie Saunier or Sonnier. I have not found him on Canadian censuses, he first appears as a prisoner in Liverpool having been expelled from Acadia. I think he was on the ship Industry - his wife's family was and the ship was refused by Virginia. From what I have read once they were boarded on the INdustry they were not allowed off until they reached Liverpool. There he appears married, I have tracked him from France to arriving on one of the 7 ships Le Saint-Remi in LA with wife and 3 small sons. He appears on the Wall of Names as Antoine Boutari. I am stuck at getting past him, there had to have been more of them, he wasn't dropped from the sky. I have poured over all online Acadia censuses, with no luck. I suspect the name's spelling was none of the above. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should go next in seeking his parents and sibs? I have read the family is mentioned in Janet Jehn's Acadian Descendants; Volume 1. However I am unable to locate a copy of the book. Any suggestions on how to break past Antoine is welcomed. Thank you

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions