Search for content in message boards

African American Olivers From Tallapoosa County

Replies: 8

African American Olivers From Tallapoosa County

Posted: 28 Nov 2007 10:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: OLIVER, ALLEN
While traveling the journey of researching my family tree, I've recently found that my ggg grandmother's name was Charlotte Oliver. She had a daughter Arie and a son named Jacob. There was a mention of a John Oliver as well, but I'm not sure of his relationship to her. Charlotte was married to Isaac Oliver according to the 1870 census, but family tradition has always been that her children were fathered by the man who owned the family. As both Arie (my gg grandmother) and her husband Sanders Price died here in Akron Ohio, I obtained a copy of their death certificates which gave me the parents' names for both of them. There also seems to be an affiliation with the ALLEN family of Tallapoosa.

One of the stories that have passed down in my family is that the ALLENS and the OLIVERS (slaveowners) joined their farms to create one large plantation and I'm trying to find information to either prove or disprove that story.
ARIE (my ggrandmother) went by the last name of ALLEN. On her death certificate here in Ohio, her father is listed as JOSIAH/JOSHUA ALLEN. Her marriage certificate also lists her surname as ALLEN.

I'm looking for any old family records or documents that can assist me in my search.

If anyone has any information or can point me in the right direction, please post here or email me at anita_hewett@sbcglobal.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
AHewettWillia... 29 Nov 2007 5:04AM GMT 
Andy Jackson 30 Nov 2007 8:38AM GMT 
nicolepompey2... 15 Dec 2007 1:30AM GMT 
AHewettWillia... 17 Dec 2007 4:55PM GMT 
yanekapayne30 2 Jan 2013 1:29AM GMT 
Andy Jackson 17 Dec 2007 6:28PM GMT 
AHewettWillia... 21 Dec 2007 4:47AM GMT 
Andy Jackson 21 Dec 2007 2:17PM GMT 
Andy Jackson 21 Dec 2007 2:22PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions