Search for content in message boards

Surname Hatcher, African-Americans.

Replies: 0

Surname Hatcher, African-Americans.

Posted: 17 May 2013 8:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hatcher
I'm looking for any information on my Grandfather and my Great-Grandfather. Jimmie Hatcher is my grandfather on my dad's side, and George Hatcher is his father. I'm looking for names, locations, records, etc. that can tell me more about my grandfather's family.

Jimmie Louis Hatcher was born in Bessemer, Alabama on July 31, 1930. He served in the military (Army), married Lorine (Lorraine) Miller and had 8 children. I have information for him, via records, from 1951 (when he joined the military) to 2004 (when he passed away in Birmingham, Alabama). I'm trying to find records from 1930 to 1951, hoping that this will give me leads about his family.

His father, George Hatcher, I know nothing about outside of his name and very few family information. I know, from family, that this side has possible Native American roots and that he was from or lived in Florida and then moved to Alabama (or it could be the other way around). I don't know anything about his family, if he married or had any other children outside of my grandfather Jimmie. I figured that he was probably born before 1915 (since that put's him anywhere from 15 years or older, at the time of my grandfathers birth) and that he probably died before 1965 (my father was born that year and said he never met him).

I haven't been able to find any records on George or any for my grandfather Jimmie before 1951. If you have any leads or could help me out in anyway possible, it would be greatly appreciated.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions