Search for content in message boards

Looking for Miller's in the Birmingham, Alabama area.

Replies: 0

Looking for Miller's in the Birmingham, Alabama area.

Posted: 17 May 2013 8:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 May 2013 10:03AM GMT
Surnames: Miller
I'm looking for information about my grandmother, paternal side, Lorine Miller.

I have information for my grandmother from 1954 (married my grandfather Jimmie Louis Hatcher) until 1998 (when she passed away in Birmingham, Alabama). She was born on July 25, 1933 (and I assume it was in Birmingham, Alabama or the surrounding area). She had two brother's, Charles and James Miller. I have no information on Charles and the only information for James is that he was probably born before 1940, fought in the Korean and possibly Vietnam War as well. He married a woman named Chris (deceased and maiden name unknown), they had a daughter (name unknown) and he passed before 2005.

In regards to ethnicity, we are African-American with unknown mixed origins. My father has always refereed to my grandmother as Lena Horne, since she had fair skin and could easily pass for white, if she choose. Recently he has said that he believe's either her grandmother (his 1XGreat-grandmother/my 2XGreat-grandmother) or mother was half-black/half-white, but I have no names for them.

So I'm needing any sort of resource help that could lead me to possible census or birth records or people who may know anything about this Miller family line.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions