Search for content in message boards

Singletons of Chickasaw, Prichard and Plateau, Alabama

Replies: 1

Singletons of Chickasaw, Prichard and Plateau, Alabama

Debbie Benjamin (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jun 2000 12:26PM GMT
Searching for the names of the parents of Frank, Charlie and Malinda Singleton. These siblings had large families, and none of the descendants, including myself, know the names of their parents. Frank Singleton was my great grandfather. He married Ada Thompson, a half Choctaw Indian, and later to Katie White, and they lived in Plateau, Alabama. Ada Thompson died between 1920 and 1930, in Oak Hill, Alabama. Frank died in the early 1940s. Charlie had many children by different women, and a lot of his children had the same name. I don't know when he died. Malinda married George Harris, and had many children. Their cousin, Maggie Singleton, married George Harris' brother, William Harris, and they too, had many children and lived in Plateau. That family and the in-laws, owned most of the property in Plateau, which was called, and still is called, Africa Town. It is along the Mobile Bay, and the last slave ship that docked the shores, is sunken in the muds and is no longer visible. It is still there, in ruins, all burnt up, but long buried in the mud. This place is also called Magazine Point by some folks, but there is a strong, African American Slave story in this small town of one hundred percent African Americans. Anyone with iformation on the Singletons, please email to me, at tsbenrite@aol.com. Other names related to the Singletons in Mobile County are, Tinsley, Reese, Harris, Hall, Brown, McBride, Williams, Benjamin, Stallworth, and Hudson. Thank you in advance,

Debbie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Debbie Benjamin 16 Jun 2000 6:26PM GMT 
gbryantsr51 2 Jan 2013 12:57AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions