Search for content in message boards

surname " Walter" or Walters

Replies: 4

Re: surname " Walter" or Walters

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 1:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am not sure much of anything. But we are trying to find Creasie.That is how her name is spelled on someone's death certificate. But her real name is Lucretia or Lucrecia.But in 1870 Polk Co Tx is where we found them first.They have a son Charles that was 9 months old. So we thought they could have marrried at least around 1867,or 68 but we cannot find a marriage cert. Then we found that they were in Garvin Co. oklahoma. We know that Mattie married in Oklahoma but died in Calif. and then we found Melvina married twice,but then died in Valley Mills,Tx. We know that they have a son name Sam Walters but not sure of his D.O.B. They also have a son named Spence,and I'm not sure of the others.I believe that her last name is Smith but my friend is not sure of that. We have found several close ones but then since we are not sure of much how can we really know? He is Black & so are all of his family. Sometimes they will say Mulatto but we know that is half black and half white. But if we can find a marriage certificate then at least we know that they were married and not just put together because of circumstances. That time 1850 to 1900 they had to plant crops and no one had much money. I think that they only had each other. They did not get a divorce. But we know that Lucius Born in Georgia.But I believe that I found Lucis or Lucius in Alabama or Louisiana or Mississippi.But Creasie was not with him. On Peggy Wells death certificate it named Lucus and Creasie as her parents. But we cannot find exactly where is was born.It said Polk Co Tx but how come is does not come up on any census? I am still searching but really feel like I have come close but just not sure. Also We have found I think it was on Mattie Lyglets death Certificate that Her mother's maiden name was Flenot.But when you put it in it came out as Flint.We cannot find a Lucrecia Flint who married a Walter or Walters. Let me know what you find and if you need any info let me know too. Thanks so much for helping. NTurney
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
NTurney73 22 Jan 2013 7:31PM GMT 
dhazel1 25 Jan 2013 6:50PM GMT 
NTurney73 25 Jan 2013 8:49PM GMT 
dhazel1 6 Feb 2013 10:06PM GMT 
dhazel1 6 Feb 2013 10:59PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions