Search for content in message boards

African American: Handy and White Family - Butler, Bates Co., MO

Replies: 1

African American: Handy and White Family - Butler, Bates Co., MO

Posted: 5 Mar 2008 12:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Handy, White, Ford, Robinson, Rippatoe
I am researching the family of my maternal grandmother. Her maiden name is Geraldine Handy and she was born in Sioux City, Iowa in 1923 however, many of her family members were born and lived in Butler, MO. Her parents were Jesse Handy born January 1884 and Vivian (White) Handy born May 1887
Here grandparents were:
Isaac Handy born Dec 1854
Nannie (Ford) Handy born March 1867
Charles White born October 1853
Minnie (Robinson) White born April 1862.

Jesse Handy's siblings were: Myrtle Handy (b. Nov. 1896), Recolia Handy (b. Nov. 1892),Verdella/Mildred Handy (b. Feb. 1871)and Orlando B. Handy (b. Jan. 1888. I beleive that Recolia married Ira or I. R. Rippatoe.

Vivian White's siblings were: Gentry White (b. August 1880), Albert "Birdie" White (b. Oct. 1882), Stella White (b. March 1885), Roscoe White (b. October 1889), Herman White (b. January 1891), Myrtle White (b. January 1896), Glenn White (b. August 1880).

Besides Butler, MO and Sioux City, IA. I know that some family members lived in Kansas City, MO; Kansas City, Kansas; Chanute, Kansas; Chicago, Illinois and possibly Arkansas and North Dakota.

I have much more information on this family and would love to hear from anyone who may be related as my grandmother is turning 85yrs old this year and would love to locate any family members that she has lost contact with over the years.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
GMorris4560 5 Mar 2008 7:29PM GMT 
waynerippatoe 6 Nov 2010 7:33AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions