Search for content in message boards

O'Neal Slave owners in Tennessee

Replies: 15

Re: O'Neal Slave owners in Tennessee

Posted: 12 May 2013 2:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 May 2013 2:50PM GMT
kboeds I see from Ancestry where an extensive genealogy of your family and Elijah has been done. I see where you made the conclusion of forty four years. Just like you said everything in his records list him as White as well as to his families and children. I saw the pictures od him and he appears to be white from them. He has some shadows from the sun on his face.

It appears the sun was about twelve o'clock or before. It is shining down and would cast shadows wherever there is a blockage of light as is the case in his wifes picture. The shadow is from the chin and jaws down. He has a typical beard which is straight and has a straight curl to it.

His genealogy has gone as far as you can take it as far as general information. I see where he rented his first farm and then he owned it or bought a farm. I think he was the type of person who might not have owned a farm before he was renting one or he might have a bad financial turn.

There is certain information that only you could find out being his relative. I am sure you did; but did you do a search in Tennessee for any real estate dealings. I don't think he would have listed that he was born in Tennessee if he didn't want anyone to find out; but he might have been bending the truth a little if he wanted to hide something and was born somewhere else.

Well enough of a lot of talk. I will go back to the drawing board and see what I can come up with.

I want to add this one point. There is supposedly a lot of well qualified organizations including Ancestry when it comes to DNA testing. I am very skeptical of anyone having such an important piece of information like that. I would think twice about anyone having a copy of that. I am sure you have thought about it. I just thought I would throw it out there. Danny

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kboeds 9 May 2013 1:36PM GMT 
Dannyssmile18... 11 May 2013 2:56PM GMT 
kboeds 12 May 2013 3:42PM GMT 
Dannyssmile18... 12 May 2013 8:36PM GMT 
bearnut2 12 May 2013 4:18PM GMT 
kboeds 12 May 2013 5:41PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions