Search for content in message boards

Edward Hunter of Inverkip

Replies: 1

Edward Hunter of Inverkip

Posted: 28 Dec 2006 6:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hunter, Creswell/Criswell, Stewart, Kerr
Hello, Hunters! I've been away for a long time, but now I'm ba-a-ack!

{Hi, Boo! Ye could call one in a while. Sniff...sniff...
Hugs'n'kisses to Daddy Luke and Mama Rose fer me..mite make it back to NC next summer--ye gonna be there this time? Better yet--ye goin' tae the Gathering? Gonna try my bestest tae be there this time...}

Back to my original thought...

I've traced my family back to Edward Hunter of Inverkip, b. 1696. I've looked in OPR's, IGI, everywhere and anywhere trying to turn up more information on this man. I can't seem to find anything. [sigh]

Well, actually, that's not quite right. I've since learned that the Hunter's may have been living/renting/crofting on land belonging to Sir Michael Stewart of Blackhall. (Brian--I'm hoping I have that right.)

Edward married about 1720/21 Elizabeth Kerr, b. 1700, daughter of John Kerr. They had six children, their fourth child being my emigrant ancestor, also named Edward Hunter {b. 15 Oct. 1731. chr. 17 Oct. 1731, d. Jan. 1801 Huntingdon Co., PA}.

I believe [not yet confirmed] that Malcom Hunter/Anna Creswell(Criswell) were the parents of Edward the Elder Hunter (my designation to tell the father and son apart). Both Malcom and Anna names seem to run in the family, along with William, John and Robert.

Anyone with further information on these people mentioned, please get in touch with me. My e-mail addy is madehlinne@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

Madehlinne

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Madehlinne 29 Dec 2006 1:08AM GMT 
Madehlinne 30 Dec 2006 12:53AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic