Search for content in message boards

Hunters in the Greengairs/Airdrie area.

Replies: 0

Hunters in the Greengairs/Airdrie area.

Posted: 15 Jan 2007 10:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HUNTER
Hi Folks,

I have been getting back into a bit of research trying to find someone - anyone called Hunter who is related to me. Its my quest for 2007.

I have set out some info below, working back from my Grandfather , with bros./sisters in brackets..is there an easier place to do this on line?

David Hunter (born 1886, Easter Glentore) (his brothers were Peter 1890 Easter G'tore & William Milligan Hunter 1887 ditto, his sister was Agnes 1884).

^

William Hunter (1857, Stanrigg) married Jane Milligan (His brother's were Peter born 1855, Stanrigg & David 1859, Stanrigg his sisters were Christina, Janet, Ann, Mary)
(I know David married Mary Turnbull in 1889 and had at least 1 son)

^

David Hunter (born 1826 Tillicoultry) Married Ann Russell (His two Brothers were William born 1829, Rawyards & Thomas born 1837, Rawyards)

^

William Hunter (??) married to Agnes Cample/Campbell not much on them at all but clearly they moved from Tillicoultry to Airdrie between 1826 and 1828.

To a man, they were Miners...my own father (yes another David) had his own stint in the pits during the war poor guy and I was the first since about the 1820's to not have mining as the only thing I could do.

Hope that this chimes with someone out there.

Davie.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions