Search for content in message boards

Need tribe historian

Replies: 1

Need tribe historian

Posted: 19 Jan 2013 4:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Scott, Wait, Waite, Parham, Hicks, Johnson, Langham, Campbell, Baucom, McDuffee
Hello. A few years ago I was in contact with a lady I believe was probably the tribe historian for the Texas Alabama/Coushatta tribe. She told me she was descended from the old chief John Scott, although her surname was not Scott. She told me there was no other person in the tribe now with the surname of Scott. I would like to pay for a dna test called a Family Finder test with someone in the tribe who is descended from the old chief John Scott to see if it is a match with mine. We have a John Scott born about 1823-1827 Alabama. His parents were William Scott born about 1790 probably South Carolina and Judith Unknown born about 1788 probably South Carolina. They lived in Fayette, TN in 1833-1850. Their son John moved to Pontotoc, Mississippi about 1853 and married Virginia Waite. He died in the Civil War about 1864. I am trying to find who his people were. We have been told this Scott family were Indian but have never found them listed as Indian on any of the census records. They have always been listed as white. But old pictures of their grandchildren look Indian. We just don't know what tribe. Thanks for any help. I sure would appreciate it.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
iahorne 19 Jan 2013 11:31AM GMT 
KathyRoberts5... 29 Jan 2013 11:01AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions