I have been researching my family tree since 1979 and have several roadblocks on my branches. The Wilson Family is one that continues to hide. I try to contact anyone posting or with these names in hopes someone has hit my line and I can keep an eye out for their roadblocked areas when I research. If you have a Wilson roadblock and send the info to me I will keep my eyes open for those names as I research.
My Wilson roadblock is Wiley G. Wilson born abt 1825 in KY died in Perry County, TN before 1870. Wiley G. married Jane Tanner born abt 1828 possibly in TN.
Secilia Ann (Celia) Wilson born 1853/54 TN
Caroline Wilson born 1849 TN
Sarah E. Wilson born abt 1852 TN (my gg grandmother who married Allen Wesley Parrish (Parish)
Melinda Wilson born abt 1853/54 TN
Cordelia J. Wilson born Jan 1860/61 TN
The 1850 Perry County, TN census also shows in the househole:
Elizabeth age 79 born S.C.
Jessi age 21
William age 11
I lived in TN all my life until last July when I moved to Ohio to be close to some very close friends. They recently ask me to look into their tree. My research shows Mrs. Ethel Maxine "Hayes" Pounds family running from Hayes back to Wilson's, Wilson's back to Cunninghams of which hit Prudence Cunningham married a Cherokee (I think the tribe was called Pucksinekau, not sure the spelling is correct). I would like to fill out the branches on these Wilson's and see if they run into my Wilson's.
George Wilson married Aug 28, 1823 Prudence "Prudy" Jane Snider daughter of George Snider
Their eighth and last child was:
Jeremiah "Jerry" Wilson Jan 2, 1840-July 24, 1921
Jeremiah Wilson first married:
Sarah Margaret Rogers Oct 18, 1850-June 8, 1877
Jeremiah and Sarah's children:
1) George Washington Wilson June 10, 1870-1946 (never married, killed in Alaska by bears)
2) Dora Alice Wilson Nov 16, 1872-1937 married on Nov 3, 1895 to Joseph E. Lynch son of Samuel Lynch 1812-1891 and Margret Ann Arnett 1831-1876
3) Sarah Jane Wilson May 5, 1877-died at birth (also one other child infant death)
Jeremiah Wilson married second on April 27, 1879 at Blacksville, WV (at the time was Blacksville, PA) to Iraett "Etta" Dexter July 6,1857-June 1, 1935 daughter of Ira Dexter and Mary Ann Cunningham Dexter (Mary Ann was the daughter of of Prudence "Prudy" Cunningham and her Cherokee Husband.
Jeremiah Wilson and Irarett "Etta" Dexter's children are:
1) Nellie Belle Wilson May 20, 1880 Curtisville, WV-Dec 12, 1979 married James William Hayes
2) Minnie Wilson Feb 27, 1883-May 10, 1965 married William Jerome Wilson May 30, 1883 MD-April 1956 PA. son of Stephen Wilson of MD.
3) Okey Lee Wilson May 28, 1887-March 10, 1941 married on March 6, 1911 to Bertha Alice Potts Jan 15, 1892 Pottsville, TX
4)Orris Glenn Wilson Dec 20, 1894 married Myrtle Lora Gloover 1897-1923.
Iraett "Etta/Ettie" Dexter Wilson was the daughter of Mary Ann Cunningham born Nov 27, 1836-Oct 15,1898 married April 28, 1856 in Marion County, WV to Ira Dexter born Feb 27, 1799 MA-his will Oct 9, 1865
Mary Ann Cunningham was the daughter of Prudence "Prudy" Cunningham and her Cherokee Husband (I think the tribes name was Pucksinekau, not sure abt spelling)
Children of Prudence and her Cherokee Husband:
1) Franklin Boone Cunningham Feb 2, 1821-Aug 1835
2) Elmina Jane Cunningham Nov 24, 1826-Aug 14,1835
3) Archady Catherine Cunningham Nov 23,1830 married Dec 19, 1851 to Peter Straight and Ada Henry ( son of Jesse Bayles Straight)( Jesse Bales Straight is the son of Peter Straight and Elizabeth (Bayles) Ice Straight)(Ada is the daughter of Otho Henry).
4)Mary Ann Cunningham info above
5) Sarah Ellen Cunningham May 14, 1839-Feb 5, 1892 married in 1866 to George W. Sharp March 1, 1835-March 2, 1900
Most of these are born and buried around W.V. and PA.
Any help with these Wilson's would be greatly appreciated and will be very happy to share anything I have or run across in the future.