Search for content in message boards

Re: Looking for information on ancestors Pigg, Jones, Johnson, Green

Replies: 1

Re: Looking for information on ancestors Pigg, Jones, Johnson, Green

Judy Faye Green Bolen (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2004 1:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have been trying in vain to get information on my greatgreatgrandfather John Pigg. He was born 1802 in North Carolina and died in Overton County, Tennessee after 1870. He married Elizabeth "Polly" Jones March 1, 1826 in Blount County, Tennessee. She was born 1808 in Livingston, Overton County, Tennessee and died in 1860 Ovewrton County, Tennessee, was the daughter of Joseph "Joe" Jones b. 1789, Virginia and Mary Johnson b. 1788 Tennessee. Mary was the daughter of Samuel Johnson b.1735 d. 1815 and Cherokee Indian Woman (unknown). Any help here would be appreciated.
John Pigg was suppost to be full blood Cherokee, he and his people hid in the hills near Hillham, Tennessee in Overton County, to keep from being sent to the reservation in Oklahoma. The family names are supposed to be Pigg, Hogg, Choat, and Pigpen according to my dad, Charlie D. Green. John & Elizabeth's s daughter was Margaret Pigg b. 1841 or 1842 Jackson(now Putnam) County, Tennessee d. Dec. 10, 1881 Overton County, Tennessee and about 1866 she married Carroll Green(e) b.Dec. 23, 1841 d.Jan. 17, 1925 Overton County, Tennessee.
Please, if anyone has info on John Pigg or Samuel Johnsons wife, let me know. I am really stumped on these people. I am at my wits end as to where to look next. Thank You, Judy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Judy Faye Green Bolen 10 Mar 2004 8:19PM GMT 
kimraduege 26 Apr 2011 9:27PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions